Everybody’s into social networking these days. Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, profiles on LinkedIn and a number of other tools are what people are using to communicate with friends, family and others who share a common interest. Did you know that tapping into these sources can be an incredible source of traffic for your business website or blog? All you need are to sharpen a few tools in your arsenal to drag some of that needed traffic your way and glean some customers for your home business. Here are a few tips you can use to get targeted organic traffic from social networking sites:
• Use articles and news tweets to spread interest on your site. Create a free information sheet to hand out or giveaway and make a post to Facebook or Twitter to tell about it. Interested people will come over to see what the “buzz” is about and get the free info. Before you give it out, have them sign up to your list and then redirect them to the goods.
• Use viral friend advertising to advertise. Retweeting a great tweet and then adding your spin on it is one good idea. Post a great article from an article site and post on your Facebook wall to get others to check out the full article (on your site of course). On sites like LinkedIn and Stumble Upon, building up huge friend networks and then feeding them info like this often causes them to pass it along for you and good stories can go viral in no time.
• Feed your Facebook page. Constantly look for ways to build up your page’s fan base and post news to it at least 3 times a week. A Facebook page is a great page for offers to attract folks who are not yet on your email list.
• Use Youtube. Making your own videos is great, but you can piggyback on great videos you find there to post to Facebook or pass along to friends on other sites.
Once you get people on your list, make regular broadcasts and send your customers good content that will keep them coming back for more. Surveys, solicited email comments, offers and more are good ways to keep your lists cultivated and productive. Targeted organic traffic from social networking sites does not have to be complicated. Make your plan and keep at it every day. Regular efforts at this type of advertising will produce great results but you have to stay at it.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Lots of struggling home business owners are discouraged due to the results they are getting when they try to run their online business. They ask themselves why after trying everything they have been taught it is so hard to put everything together and make it work. The fact is, you have to keep it simple. Easily said but just how do you get started and how can you help move things forward in your business? Here are a few tips that will make things easier and more successful for you:
1. Create content value. Creating content can be relatively simple if you put your mind to it. Not all of us are talented (and you don’t have to be), you just need to look at content from a business standpoint. You can make You Tube videos (or use someone else’s video to drive home a post on your blog or site), research articles and bring something to the site that will interest your readers or you can pay someone to create something for you – more about that in a minute.
2. Build a subscriber list. This is simply a list of people who like what they see and add themselves to an emailing list so they can see more. People are curious creatures by nature and they want to hear more about items they are interested in. Hook yourself up with a method to process your subscribers, no matter what your site is about and you’re in the game. My recommendation? I use TrafficLeads2Income as my method of getting subscribers and it works like a charm – it’s free to join and is a great tool to get a handle on your subscribers and it features a community of business folks as well; give it a try.
3. Write articles to drive traffic. Article directories are the work horse of the internet traffic industry and you want to be able to take advantage of this source of traffic for your site. I do 5 articles for each post I write and list them at 5 different article sites. If you are not a writer, you should hire someone to do it for you (Elance.com is a great site for finding people that are skilled at this and you can find them at good terms). The key to good articles are keywords and content (see step 1). Remember the article just needs to be related to the page or post on your site you are pointing people toward – a little goes a long way.
4. Give your subscribers regular offers and some freebies. These are items you think they may be interested in and they don’t always have to have a commission for you in it. Webinars, e-books, a bonus offer for another site you have a joint venture with or a discounted offer you are offering are all good material. You may offer to pay for an action you want your subscribers to look into or you may give away some item to create interest among your subscribers.
Building up to $50 a day will be easier when you have a larger following and will make you more successful. You need to roll up your sleeves, do the work and above all, be patient. It will take some time for your subscriber list to grow and in the meantime, you will need to make your current subscribers happy as they come on board. Focus on long term items like content and value for your customers and they will stick with you for the long run.